Welcome to Wi-Fi University, where you can learn about Wi-Fi and other technology issues that hoteliers need to understand.
You won't need an advanced degree in engineering- we'll lay out concepts in terms the layman can understand, with examples to make these ideas easier to grasp.
We'll be adding "courses" to our university on an ongoing basis, but if you have an idea for a Wi-Fi University course, please let us know!
- How can you make your guests happier with fast, reliable Wi-Fi? An Introduction to Hospitality WiFi
- Why so many access points? This brief educational video explains why hotels now need more Wi-Fi access points than they used to.
- What's the difference between 2.4GHz and 5GHz?
- How can you make your guests happier with fast, reliable Wi-Fi? An Introduction to Hospitality WiFi (with video)
- “But local is always better...isn’t it?” Why you should choose Hospitality WiFi over your local installer
- What do guests really want?
Installation, Equipment, & Performance
- 10 reasons NOT to upgrade your Wi-Fi
- Simple things you can do to make your Wi-Fi better
- How long should my Wi-Fi equipment last?
- How can I know if my Wi-Fi coverage is good enough?
- What do I need to think about when installing Wi-Fi in difficult terrain such as a campground?
- How can guests with game consoles connect to our Wi-Fi?
- How can guests with Apple devices connect to our Wi-Fi?
- Managing bandwidth to improve your guest Wi-Fi experience
- Do I really need a wireless controller for my network?
- How much bandwidth do I need?
- How can I make it easier for guests to use our Internet?
- Why put APs in rooms instead of in hallways?
- Why do I need so many access points? (with video)
- What is load balancing, and do you need it at your hotel?
- Guest login pages and HTTP vs. HTTPS
- Authentication, authorization, and accounting
- Why is there no encryption for hotel Wi-Fi?
- What is Wi-Fi interference, and how can I fix it?
- What is Bluetooth Low Energy and why should hoteliers pay attention to this technology?
- What's the difference between 2.4GHz and 5GHz? (with video)
Considerations for Schools, Businesses, and Other Facilities
- By charging for Wi-Fi, you'll lose money
- What if your Wi-Fi is really good?
- How can you tell if your guests are happy with your Wi-Fi?
- Addressing 5 Common WiFi Issues in Schools
- Is Your WiFi Ready for e-Learning?