WorldVue Connect, Inc. (“WCI”) respects the privacy of individuals who provide us with their personal information, including our customers, resellers, distributors, service providers and visitors to our website, as well as information derived from applications, devices, software, tools and other services provided by WCI.
“Personal Identifying Information” means an individual’s first name or initial and last name in combination with any one or more of the following items: (i) date of birth; (ii) social security number or other government-issued identification number; (iii) mother’s maiden name; (iv) unique biometric data, including the individual’s fingerprint, voice print, and retina or iris image; (v) unique electronic identification number, address, or routing code; (vi) telecommunication access device, including debit and credit card information; or (vii) financial institution account number or any other financial information.
II. INFORMATION WCI COLLECTS AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
WCI does not collect any personal information from you unless you voluntarily provide it to us.
In addition to Personal Identifying Information, WCI may collect other information provided by you or the company you work for. Such information may include:
- Phone Number(s);
- Company affiliation;
- WCI Website. If you are visiting the Website we collect the following information: the full Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) of the Web page from which you came to the website; your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, which may include a domain name; the date and time for each page you view; the name of and information about any advertisement that brought you to the Website; searches you perform, links you click on; and computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform. WCI also transmits cookies to your computer so we can track the pages of our Website that you view and the order in which you view them. Any other information that you might submit to the Website, including Personal Identifying Information, may be collected and maintained by WCI.
- Communications with WCI. If you communicate with WCI, we may store copies of such communiqués (including email, phone call, or similar communications). This can result in the collection of Personal Identifying Information you may have disclosed in your communiqués.
- Services with WCI. When certain services are provided by WCI we sometimes collect some Personal Identifying Information such as a person’s name, date of birth and address. When we collect this kind of Personal Identifying Information, it is because you or the company which is using the WCI service voluntarily submits the information to us in order to participate in the services we provide or offer. WCI may also be required to collect other information (“Transactional Data”). While this Transactional Data relates to you, it is considered to be the customer’s information, because it relates to the customer’s business and financial affairs.
We also collect the following information through automated means:
- IP Address. IP addresses are numbers that are automatically assigned to your computer, and, if associated with other Personal Identifying Information, could be considered Personal Identifying Information. We use your IP address to operate the service, help diagnose problems with our server or systems, and to administer and improve the Website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information (for example, your region, city, postal zip code), some of which we aggregate and then share with our strategic alliance companies, potential strategic alliance companies, and other third-party organizations (collectively, “partner organizations”). We also use your IP address to keep track of the information you have entered, viewed, or used by means of the Website.
- Site Access, Browser Type, Operating System, Etc. We may also collect the name of the Internet service that provides you access to the Internet (e.g., Comcast, Verizon, or ATT), your browser type, operating system, the date and time you access the Website, and the Internet address of any web site from which you link directly to the Website, as well as collecting other information in a user’s log file. A user’s log file tells WCI where a user comes from when entering the Website, which part of the Website the user visits as well as where the user goes when leaving the Website, and how much time the user spends on the Website. We collect and use this information for operation and management of the Website and our services and for monitoring and improving their performance.
- WCI may use IP addresses to diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our website. Your IP address also is used by WCI to gather broad demographic information, such as your general geographic location and Internet Service Provider. IP addresses are further used to help determine the number of WCI users. This demographic information may also be used by WCI to analyze aggregate Web usage behavior.
III. HOW AND WHEN PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION MAY BE USED
- Personal Identifying Information voluntarily provided by or on behalf of WCI’s customers is used by WCI as part of its credit application process. This would include both the establishment of credit with WCI, and, if necessary, for use by WCI and its representatives in enforcing and/or collecting delinquent accounts.
- Personal Identifying Information may also be used by WCI as part of its providing goods and/or services to its customers and provided to governmental agencies as required or requested. Additionally the Personal Identifying Information may be used to respond to billing and/or other such questions related to such goods and services.
- If you gave WCI your email address, we may use it to send you WCI newsletters, product updates, service-related information, and other offers and information from WCI. WCI also may contact you by email to respond to your submissions and customer service inquiries. You may “opt out” to not receive promotional and marketing emails by responding to any such emails. Please note, however, that as long as you maintain an account, you may not “opt out” of receiving service or account-related emails from WCI.
- WCI may disclose any information we possess in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal requirements, and such information might be used by the receiving party to determine your identity, your Web usage and online shopping behavior, or other things about you.
- WCI may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, such as technical support services. To perform those functions, it may be necessary for them to obtain access to WCI databases and servers, which may contain Personal Identifying Information.
- WCI may also employ attorneys, financial advisors, accountants and/or auditors who, in their performance of services on behalf of WCI might have access to Personal Identifying Information.
Use of Personal Identifying Information from third parties
- We may use information about you provided to third parties (such as credit reporting agencies or strategic alliances) in order to offer services and products, to improve a service, or to evaluate a customer’s or potential customer’s eligibility for a service. From time to time we may include links to other parties’ websites and services that you are free to visit. We do not control these third-party Sites or services and you visit them at your own risk. The use of these Sites and the treatment of any personal information you provide to these Sites are not covered by this Policy. If you follow any links you should review the privacy statements of those websites.
Collection and Use of Children’s Personal Information
WCI does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems.
IV. HOW PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION IS PROTECTED
WCI makes access to your Personal Identifying Information subject to certain reasonable security measures, including technological controls such as a “firewall”, in accordance with industry standards. When the use of the Website or WCI services involves the Internet transmission of confidential information about you or WCI, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to allow the transmission of encrypted information from your PC to our server and back again; use of SSL is the industry standard for Internet platform security. No data transmission over the Internet or data storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so while WCI strives to protect your Personal Identifying Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to or that is stored by WCI.
All Personal Identifying Information received in the normal course of business is treated as WCI’s Proprietary Information.
All employees of WCI are parties to restrictive covenants that prevent their disclosure of such information. Identifying Information is specifically included within the definition of WCI’s Proprietary Information.
WCI attempts to physically secure “hard copies” of our Business Records containing Personal Identifying Information.
WCI uses commercially reasonable computer security safeguards to protect our databases and servers against risks of loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, or inadvertent or improper disclosure of data. These risks, however, cannot be completely eliminated and WCI therefore cannot guarantee complete security.
If you send WCI an email, you should know that email is not necessarily secure against interception. So, if your communication includes Personal Identifying Information you may prefer to contact us by postal mail or telephone rather than email.
V. HOW PERSONAL IDENTIFYING INFORMATION IS DISPOSED
Because most, if not all, of the information that we collect from pertains to our customers, we retain that data indefinitely until and unless the customer wishes to delete it. WCI adheres to all applicable laws regarding document retention and may not be able to delete records on request.
When WCI disposes of a Business Record that contains Personal Identifying Information, WCI will modify the Personal Identifying Information by shredding, erasing, or other means, to make it unreadable or undecipherable. WCI may, but shall not be required to contract with a person engaged in the business of disposing of records for the modification of Personal Identifying Information.
VI. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You may also contact WCI via the contact information at the bottom of this policy to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
VIII. CONTACT INFORMATION
WorldVue Connect, Inc.
9801 Westheimer Rd
Houston, TX 77042, Inc.
By Telephone: 713-266-2686
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
WorldVue Connect, Inc
Last Modified January 13, 2023